Jesus is the perfect servant of God.
1. Call of the Servant: beginning of our journey into an intimate relationship with Him.
2. Shaping of the Servant: craftsmanship--making something for His use.
- we are to be a sharp sword to the people who will speak with authority and power
-sharpened, polished arrows are wood stripped of flowers, dipped in hot water, and put over coals.
3. Commission of the Servant: ready to be launched into ministry, without any promise of success
4. Confidence of the Servat: God has all of what is due me in His hands
- it is not what people say about us that matter, but what the Lord says about us.
*based on Is.49:1-7
by Rev. David Pickard